I get by with a little help from my friends...

I just came back from my first (very small) gathering that included current and past MLIS students. It got me thinking...how many of us feel separated from what is going on in the program? When I saw people's blogs and that they had RSS feeds, I thought, ahhh... who do i ask how to find the button that says 'make a tag here'? Some of these website instructions are definitely not self-evident. I hope that we are willing to help each other and learn from each other. But also, it would be great to have a MLIS blog- with frequently asked questions etc. so that students could help each other in as close to real time as possible.
And to completely send my mind into spin, I was at the dentist and the hygienist did not know who James Taylor was... I did not think that was possible.


1 Comments:
Thanks, I can't take credit for it. Here it is by Patrick Kavangh, here
is a link to get it.
http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/glossary/kavanagh.html
I just started in the FastTrack cohort 6, are you in class?
Good to "meet" you. Laura
Post a Comment
<< Home