Cranky city
It is late. I am cranky. Posting solely to meet the requirement feels demeaning. But for perspective, I do not live in a war-torn nation. There, that made this seem harmless.
I do not think that my brain functions like a computer. I can not memorize all those terms and concepts for 2600. Especially when so many terms split hairs and cross-over and sound too similar. I say instead of a final, we just put all the computer and device components in our hands in class and talk about them, take them apart, etc. while we are actually touching them and looking at them. I'm assuming that we all want to learn.
When I was an undergrad freshman, I was friends with the med students that lived upstairs. I would quiz them for tests that required knowing many terms. I said to one of them, "how do you remember these terms in the long run?" He said, 'we don't, we just get through this test, then totally forget them so that we can memorize for the next test." hmmm... off to sleep. Night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home