Friday, July 14, 2006

When the obvious hits you like a brick....


I involuntarily went to a retreat at Jumonville. My husband said, "If you come up for the second half of the retreat, I will go home and paint the hallway doors and caulk the bathroom tub." How can one refuse that offer? Well, I had a good time. The best advice I learned there(from a Mom) was something so worthwhile I have to pass it on. Anyone who remembers this will have a much more peaceful existence:

"I was complaining to my Mom about the outfit that my husband picked out for my daughter. My Mom told me, 'People do things differently. When your spouse helps you in any way, if you criticize her/him then eventually s/he will stop helping'."

So simple... I have to tell you that when I came home, I looked at the painted hallway doors from a distance rather than up close. And I said, "the hallway looks so much better now. Thanks." Quiet glows all around. Why didn't I figure that out before. I keep hearing that after about 6 years, often in a relationship it is about actively choosing to love. Hmmm... Kathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home